Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: August 2020
His last tweet, folks. (@chadwickboseman) Tweeted: YES @KamalaHarris! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 #WhenWeAllVote #Vote2020 https://t.co/iOU3duBAcA https://twitter.com/chadwickboseman/status/1293330682119421953?s=20
Man, will this year never end? Dammit. Had no idea he was sick. Apparently only his family did. He was diagnosed four years ago, and only told his family. He rushed through a string of Marvel movies, made “21 … Continue reading
“Good Kisser” must be the most inane, dull lesbian seduction soap opera ever. It’s about a menage a trois evening that goes the way such evenings go — at least in the movies. SOMEbody feels left out. Somebody’s feelings are … Continue reading
The simplest of scenarios — a married couple wake up, trapped in a car covered in snow in the middle of nowhere, Norway. The givens? No, the car won’t start. No, there’s no cell service. One person will take the … Continue reading
There’s no denying the utter delight in seeing Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves back in the guises that made them famous, time-traveling slacker-rockers Bill and Ted. Winter’s broad, goofy grin, Reeves’ trademark befuddlement — you don’t realize you’ve missed them … Continue reading
You gawk. You gape. You wonder what the Hell Hulu was thinking. But hey, if Netflix and Amazon are going to push the envelope in “teens behaving badly” comedies, go big or go home, right? Thus, “The Binge,” a sipping … Continue reading
As primal as it is topical, “Buoyancy” is a brutal minimalist thriller about human trafficking in the largely-illegal Thai fishing industry. The violence is a grim slice of reality, the human suffering shockingly common and well-documented. Australia’s selection for contention … Continue reading
A haunted child, the sleepover from Hell. Focus Features has this one. High end horror, in other words. Coming out Halloween. An American “Babadook,” anyone?