The disastrously disorganized American response to the COVID19 pandemic has me wondering if July is another write off month for the movies, sports, the works. Case numbers are skyrocketing in Florida and other states, a first wave that morphed into a second. LeBron needs to call off this Florida NBA nonsense, college football needs to take another time out. And the release of Christopher Nolan’s #Tenet has been delayed again from July 31 to Aug. 12 because of a surge in COVID-19 cases. Disney? Are you paying attention?
Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A teacher goes off the rails after "The Swerve"
Find a Movie Review