Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: Dutch Road Ragers are just the worst -- "Tailgate (Bumperkleef)"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 11, 2020
This looks old school Ferrell, Daffy McAdams, an Icelandic duo hoping to make history, just like ABBA. Pierce Brosnan too? June 26 on Netflix.
Suzi Quatro never gained much traction as a rock star in her home country. The Detroit native is still best known for her three year stint on “Happy Days” over here. And as with anybody you haven’t heard a … Continue reading
Labeling “Jesus Shows You the Way to the Highway” as “absurdist” doesn’t do it justice, although “absurd” figures into every let-your-freak-flag-fly frame. It’s a dizzy, nutty no-budget/no-name-cast sci-fi spoof that’s like a mash-up of “Danger: Diabolik” and “Dolemite” and, say, … Continue reading
You put a filmmaker in quarantine, you never know what he’ll get around to finishing. David Lynch, Eagle Scout, Missoula Montana.
Whatever praise Netflix is due for financing and distributing attention-grabbing documentaries, whatever success it has in the woefully under-served romantic comedy/teen comedy genres, “Liar’s Dice” is the sort movie gem that proves Netflix’s value to the culture. This little-seen Indian … Continue reading