Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A kidnapping, a kidnapper lost "In the Shadow of Iris"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 11, 2020
This looks old school Ferrell, Daffy McAdams, an Icelandic duo hoping to make history, just like ABBA. Pierce Brosnan too? June 26 on Netflix.
Suzi Quatro never gained much traction as a rock star in her home country. The Detroit native is still best known for her three year stint on “Happy Days” over here. And as with anybody you haven’t heard a … Continue reading
Labeling “Jesus Shows You the Way to the Highway” as “absurdist” doesn’t do it justice, although “absurd” figures into every let-your-freak-flag-fly frame. It’s a dizzy, nutty no-budget/no-name-cast sci-fi spoof that’s like a mash-up of “Danger: Diabolik” and “Dolemite” and, say, … Continue reading
You put a filmmaker in quarantine, you never know what he’ll get around to finishing. David Lynch, Eagle Scout, Missoula Montana.
Whatever praise Netflix is due for financing and distributing attention-grabbing documentaries, whatever success it has in the woefully under-served romantic comedy/teen comedy genres, “Liar’s Dice” is the sort movie gem that proves Netflix’s value to the culture. This little-seen Indian … Continue reading