Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Netflixable? Another thriller titled "Awake," another snooze
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 11, 2020
This looks old school Ferrell, Daffy McAdams, an Icelandic duo hoping to make history, just like ABBA. Pierce Brosnan too? June 26 on Netflix.
Suzi Quatro never gained much traction as a rock star in her home country. The Detroit native is still best known for her three year stint on “Happy Days” over here. And as with anybody you haven’t heard a … Continue reading
Labeling “Jesus Shows You the Way to the Highway” as “absurdist” doesn’t do it justice, although “absurd” figures into every let-your-freak-flag-fly frame. It’s a dizzy, nutty no-budget/no-name-cast sci-fi spoof that’s like a mash-up of “Danger: Diabolik” and “Dolemite” and, say, … Continue reading
You put a filmmaker in quarantine, you never know what he’ll get around to finishing. David Lynch, Eagle Scout, Missoula Montana.
Whatever praise Netflix is due for financing and distributing attention-grabbing documentaries, whatever success it has in the woefully under-served romantic comedy/teen comedy genres, “Liar’s Dice” is the sort movie gem that proves Netflix’s value to the culture. This little-seen Indian … Continue reading