Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? Olga Kurylenko punches above her weight in "Sentinelle"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: Eddie & Arsenio get the Band back together -- "Coming 2 America"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Romance'll be fine "Sometime Other Than Now"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 11, 2020
This looks old school Ferrell, Daffy McAdams, an Icelandic duo hoping to make history, just like ABBA. Pierce Brosnan too? June 26 on Netflix.
Suzi Quatro never gained much traction as a rock star in her home country. The Detroit native is still best known for her three year stint on “Happy Days” over here. And as with anybody you haven’t heard a … Continue reading
Labeling “Jesus Shows You the Way to the Highway” as “absurdist” doesn’t do it justice, although “absurd” figures into every let-your-freak-flag-fly frame. It’s a dizzy, nutty no-budget/no-name-cast sci-fi spoof that’s like a mash-up of “Danger: Diabolik” and “Dolemite” and, say, … Continue reading
You put a filmmaker in quarantine, you never know what he’ll get around to finishing. David Lynch, Eagle Scout, Missoula Montana.
Whatever praise Netflix is due for financing and distributing attention-grabbing documentaries, whatever success it has in the woefully under-served romantic comedy/teen comedy genres, “Liar’s Dice” is the sort movie gem that proves Netflix’s value to the culture. This little-seen Indian … Continue reading