Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 18, 2020
A staged Chinese stunt? A cover-up? This one has me intrigued.
This July release gave birth to a trailer that is kind of diffuse and all over the place. Stress? We know. A lot of chefs drink and have bad tempers? We know. Love life issues? Check. Might be good, can’t … Continue reading
It stars Precious Chong, so of course it’s a dark comedy. That runs in the family.
“Runner” is the life story of Olympic marathoner Guor Maker (Marial), a South Sudanese refugee who raced in two Olympics, once without a country. In Maker’s tale, first-time documentary director Bill Gallagher finds a story of privation and perseverance, personal … Continue reading
Airline disaster movies often follow the same narrow formula, no matter what their country of origin. We meet the cross-section-of-society passengers, pick up on their soap operatic/melodramatic lives, meet the flight crew and get a hint or two or three … Continue reading
“Queen of the Capital” is a softer, cuddlier version of the landmark drag queen documentary, “Paris is Burning.” It’s a new film about the drag queen scene in Washington, D.C. Where the 1990 film revealed New York’s drag queens as … Continue reading