Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 30, 2020
There’s no sugar-coating what happens in “Adú,’” a Spanish film about the trials of human migration in Africa. The pall of death hangs over it. A child endures horrors no child should experience, and all of those deaths directly impact … Continue reading
Thriller from IFC due out Sept. 18. Looks creepy enough to get the job done.
“Straight Up” is the quippiest, most quotable romantic comedy of the year. There’s no arguing over that. The proof is in the patter, all of it played at “on the spectrum” speed. “You’re the nicest person.” “I’m not. I always … Continue reading
“The Incoherents,” a comedy about four pushing-50 white New Yorkers “getting the band back together,” has the perfect, dismissive put-down for Generation X. Because if “OK, Boomer” is out there, why should the MTV Kids get off Scot-free? A post-punk … Continue reading