Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? "Swingers" in Spain? "More the Merrier (Donde Caben Dos)"
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: A Christmas Comedy with a Corpse -- "Twas the Night"
- Movie Review: Footballers stage a strike before "National Champions" can be crowned
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Del Toro remakes a dark classic,"Nightmare Alley"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 30, 2020
There’s no sugar-coating what happens in “Adú,’” a Spanish film about the trials of human migration in Africa. The pall of death hangs over it. A child endures horrors no child should experience, and all of those deaths directly impact … Continue reading
Thriller from IFC due out Sept. 18. Looks creepy enough to get the job done.
“Straight Up” is the quippiest, most quotable romantic comedy of the year. There’s no arguing over that. The proof is in the patter, all of it played at “on the spectrum” speed. “You’re the nicest person.” “I’m not. I always … Continue reading
“The Incoherents,” a comedy about four pushing-50 white New Yorkers “getting the band back together,” has the perfect, dismissive put-down for Generation X. Because if “OK, Boomer” is out there, why should the MTV Kids get off Scot-free? A post-punk … Continue reading