Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Mexican BMX girl holds casting call -- "Dad Wanted (Se busca papá)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 8, 2020
They have a little girl Daddy did something he got away with. And the house Knows…
The 1982 Blake Edwards farce “Victor/Victoria” was a landmark in the mainstream cinema’s treatment of gay subject matter on the big screen, and a giddy, Oscar-winning blockbuster to boot. Not remotely as daring as the French “La Cage aux Folles” … Continue reading
Grant Judd Apatow this. Pete Davidson, perhaps the quintessence of “comic as acquired taste” as a member of the cast of “Saturday Night Live,” grows on you during “The King of Staten Island.” By the third act of this highly … Continue reading
The Polish word for “consent” is “zgoda.” In Italian, it’s “consenso.” But mere translations don’t do justice to the chasm that separates them in meaning from how that word is used in “woke” North America. Not if the Polish film … Continue reading
The Japanese broadcaster NHK has a spot on many US cable systems, and on PBS affiliates’ HD alternate programming channels. This documentary series is now mixed in with the news, music and travel programming that it carries. Exquisite detail, fascinating … Continue reading