Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Classic Film Review: "The 49th Parallel"(1941) reminds us Nazis aren't "very fine people"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: June 12, 2020
Warners, Nolan blink — ‘Tenet’ moves
No, it won’t be opening July 17. America’s premature opening endured a COVID summer, but it was going to be a long shot to.ake that date anyway. He new date? Go to the link. It’s not as far a move … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Warners, Nolan blink — ‘Tenet’ moves
Movie Review: Former comic looks for funny, finds faith in “Selfie Dad”
The comic Michael Jr. isn’t new to faith-based films. He was in “War Room.” But stepping into the lead role, he’s plainly more comfortable with the funny stuff than playing troubled, converted and sincere in “Selfie Dad,” a limp if … Continue reading
Netflixable? Spike Lee steps in it with “Da 5 Bloods”
A horrific, accidental but long-time-coming moment in history gave Spike Lee this stage at this moment. He has a big movie about Vietnam, Black History, racism, greed and rage coming out just as most of those subjects are coming to … Continue reading
Review: Dave Chapelle Gets real — Again — and Real Emotional with “8:46”
Dave Chapelle arranged an outdoor appearance, with a socially-distanced audience in masks, for his hometown of Beavercreek, Ohio. He threw on a black shirt and black pants, grabbed his black notebook — where comedians jot down ideas they want to … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Review: Dave Chapelle Gets real — Again — and Real Emotional with “8:46”
Movie Preview’ “7500” puts Joseph Gordon-Levitt in the cockpit of a hijacked jetliner
Looks properly gripping and grim. And it’s good to see JGLevitt acting again. His side interests and inane Twitter positivisms are no substitute for doing what he does best. “7500” comes to Amazon Prime June 19.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview’ “7500” puts Joseph Gordon-Levitt in the cockpit of a hijacked jetliner