Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 19, 2020
A top drawer writer/director, solid A-, B+ list talent and a haunted house seemingly designed by Maurice Escher class up the mildly-scary thriller, “You Should Have Left.” It has an A-picture gloss and sophistication often missing from the genre. The … Continue reading
A teenage girl’s coming of age story shines a light on Korean sexism, educational Darwinism and the afterthought that girls seem to be there in “House of Hummingbird,” a sweet and forlorn “year in the life” drama. The debut feature … Continue reading
From Variety — AMC Theatres Reverses Course, Will Require Guests to Wear Masks https://t.co/HHdhXmlp04 https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1274027621521797120?s=20
Netflix dips its toes into that most Japanese of film forms, anime, with “A Whisker Away,” a charming, whimsical fantasy that you’d never guess came from the country that gave us “Hello Kitty.” It’s a body-switch tale about a manic … Continue reading
The Kansas City chain ignored movie going demographics and common sense in deciding to make its theaters COVID and MAGA friendly. “AMC Theater CEO Adam Aron says their cinemas won’t require masks upon reopening because they didn’t “want to be … Continue reading