Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Netflixable? Another thriller titled "Awake," another snooze
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 26, 2020
Coming next month to Arrow Video streaming. Don’t judge me.
“The Royal Hibiscus Hotel” is a shiny, foodie-friendly bauble of a rom-com, practically a brochure for Nollywood, the nickname the rest of the world has given Nigeria’s film industry. The acting’s uneven, the story limp and generic. And like a … Continue reading
This is a grimly prescient disaster pic from STX. Gerry Butler is an Orlando area husband and dad (I can totally see that.) who tries to get his family to safety. When you name a comet “Clark,” who’s that going … Continue reading
My bucket list quest to see every road picture ever made brought me to this dry and dark comedy from 2008, a tale of a vintage car dealer and a junkie trekking across Belgium in a 1979 Caprice Classic station … Continue reading
Netflixable? Will and Rachel battle Dan Stevens in “Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga”
There are funny lines, hilarious scenes and the occasional blast of gleeful, Eurovision excess rolled into “Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga.” Sure, it’s an old school “high concept” star vehicle — a lot like many an earlier … Continue reading
The disastrously disorganized American response to the COVID19 pandemic has me wondering if July is another write off month for the movies, sports, the works. Case numbers are skyrocketing in Florida and other states, a first wave that morphed into … Continue reading