Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: Dutch Road Ragers are just the worst -- "Tailgate (Bumperkleef)"
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 16, 2020
It was headed to theaters. Now this comedy is going to Hulu July 10. Does it feel big screen to you?
A red balloon plays a pivotal part of “The Luring.” About an hour in, a stilt-walking clown shows up. And then there’s the whole boyfriend with a “past” who goes “Shining” nuts on his girlfriend the longer they stay in … Continue reading
Darn that Sunny Panwar is cute. Just casting the adorable, empathetic kid from “Lion” as “Chippa,” a Kolkata street urchin probably made first-time writer-director Safdar Rahman think, “My work here is done.” His picaresque story of an orphan’s picaresque adventures … Continue reading
Steve Carell and Rose Byrne go at it over Wisconsin man’s man Chris Cooper campaigning for high office in this political farce. Streaming June 26.