Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A kidnapping, a kidnapper lost "In the Shadow of Iris"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 29, 2020
“The Outpost” is a straight-no-chaser account of a real-life battle during America’s Afghan War. Cinematically, it’s “Zulu” or “The Green Berets,” with a heavy dose of the Afghan War documentary “Restrepo” for realism. It is chaotic, noisy and bloody, … Continue reading
It’s often said “I’d rather watch an interesting failure by (name a famous filmmaker here) than passable entertainment from anybody else.” That motto earns another workout — after misfires by Scorsese and Spike — with Atom Egoyan’s latest. “Guest of … Continue reading
I like the way this trailer plays to the #Blacklivesmatter moment. Two Oscar winners — Jennifer Hudson, Forest Whitaker — with Marlon Wayans and this clever bit of casting, Marc Maron as the pushy/charming producer and genius-BEHIND-the-genius Jerry Wexler — … Continue reading
Whatever the craftsmanship, the skill with which the story is told, a documentary is only as riveting as its subject — be it some odd business or hobby, or a character it’s built around. And that holds true for mockumentaries, … Continue reading