Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Classic Film Review: "School for Scoundrels," (1960) -- Brit funnymen at their funniest
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 15, 2020
Poor Vinnie Jones. He didn’t see wrestler-actor Stu Bennett deliver the big hurt to an ensemble of villains in “I Am Vengeance.” He was just “John Gold,” Special Forces badass in that film. Now he’s “John F—–g Gold.” He’s been … Continue reading
A darling of the festival circuit, this is one trippy trailer.
OK, with most theaters closed and major studios pulling everything from their release slate, this has been the Summer of Indie Outfits, none shining more brightly than IFC. “The Wretched” has owned the box office, and “The Trip to Greece” … Continue reading
“Ode to Passion” — the title bespeaks heightened romance, lofty ambition and poesy. And in Jack Danani’s musical with rhyming dialogue, that’s truth in advertising. There’s something more than a little mad in trying to tell a modern romance, in … Continue reading
Migrant lives matter in the Naga-Indian dramedy “Axone,” a tale of what a minority community goes through just to pull off a last minute wedding, and party, In New Dehli. They’re young people who have come to the big city … Continue reading
Malcolm McDowell is the big crime boss, Ron Perlman is the resident badass. Looks rough and tumble.