Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Mexican BMX girl holds casting call -- "Dad Wanted (Se busca papá)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 23, 2020
A neuroscientist tells the story, captured on film, of interacting with a 42 MINUTE old baby, sticking his tongue out and the infant, eyes barely adjusting to the big wide world, mimics him. Academics, doctors and teachers talk about how … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Scott Eastwood and Caleb Landry Jones are soldiers in Afghanistan, defending “The Outpost”
This one streams July 3.
Comic and political satirist Jon Stewart returns to the fray he stepped away from when he gave up “The Daily Show” with “Irresistible,” an airless political comedy almost nostalgic for an America that knew how to compromise. It’s … Continue reading
This is one of the guinea pig releases Hollywood is putting out to see if folks are ready to return to cinemas, and to see what COVID-19 has to say about that. July 17, it’s a date!
Yeah, we all think we’re cool. Maybe have the occasional “I can be a badass” moments. But we will never ever be as cool as Ron Perlman, character heavy extraordinaire who journeyed from “Quest for Fire” and “Beauty and the … Continue reading
That rich Hollywood tradition of throwing two people together in an unusual way earns a Turkish twist in “One-Way to Tomorrow,” a simple romance about two people thrown together on a long train ride. Director Ozan Açiktan and screenwriter Faruk Ozerten, … Continue reading