Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 23, 2020
A neuroscientist tells the story, captured on film, of interacting with a 42 MINUTE old baby, sticking his tongue out and the infant, eyes barely adjusting to the big wide world, mimics him. Academics, doctors and teachers talk about how … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Scott Eastwood and Caleb Landry Jones are soldiers in Afghanistan, defending “The Outpost”
This one streams July 3.
Comic and political satirist Jon Stewart returns to the fray he stepped away from when he gave up “The Daily Show” with “Irresistible,” an airless political comedy almost nostalgic for an America that knew how to compromise. It’s … Continue reading
This is one of the guinea pig releases Hollywood is putting out to see if folks are ready to return to cinemas, and to see what COVID-19 has to say about that. July 17, it’s a date!
Yeah, we all think we’re cool. Maybe have the occasional “I can be a badass” moments. But we will never ever be as cool as Ron Perlman, character heavy extraordinaire who journeyed from “Quest for Fire” and “Beauty and the … Continue reading
That rich Hollywood tradition of throwing two people together in an unusual way earns a Turkish twist in “One-Way to Tomorrow,” a simple romance about two people thrown together on a long train ride. Director Ozan Açiktan and screenwriter Faruk Ozerten, … Continue reading