Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 7, 2020
A pervy lump of a landscaper gets his revenge by putting on the tights and lacing up the boots in “Wrestlemassacre,” a splatter film perfectly summed up by its title. It’s an amateurish abomination of a splatter thriller thrown together … Continue reading
Paging all “Redskins,” “Braves” and “Indians” fans…
COVID numbers are spiking in states like Texas, Florida Michigan and NC and others. But theater owners expect everybody to open by July 17 just to cash in on Christopher Nolan’s “Tenet.” Unless Warner Brothers blinks. https://www.indiewire.com/2020/06/tenet-july-17-theaters-open-1202235450/
Its notoriety may be more historical than erotic, almost ninety years after its release. But the German drama “Madchen in Uniform (Girls in Uniform)” retains its subtle power to move, a dated but still impressive landmark in queer cinema history. … Continue reading