Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Classic Film Review: "School for Scoundrels," (1960) -- Brit funnymen at their funniest
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 7, 2020
A pervy lump of a landscaper gets his revenge by putting on the tights and lacing up the boots in “Wrestlemassacre,” a splatter film perfectly summed up by its title. It’s an amateurish abomination of a splatter thriller thrown together … Continue reading
Paging all “Redskins,” “Braves” and “Indians” fans…
COVID numbers are spiking in states like Texas, Florida Michigan and NC and others. But theater owners expect everybody to open by July 17 just to cash in on Christopher Nolan’s “Tenet.” Unless Warner Brothers blinks. https://www.indiewire.com/2020/06/tenet-july-17-theaters-open-1202235450/
Its notoriety may be more historical than erotic, almost ninety years after its release. But the German drama “Madchen in Uniform (Girls in Uniform)” retains its subtle power to move, a dated but still impressive landmark in queer cinema history. … Continue reading