Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 17, 2020
Having judged student films at many a film festival, I figured I knew one when I saw one. The good ones show a certain polish — craftsmanship — an attention to things significantly less important than script, casting or performances. … Continue reading
The tone is set with the odd, edgy “meet cute” for the young lovers. It’s on an Australian train platform where the tattooed, punk druggy bumps the girl in her school uniform aside so he can get close enough to … Continue reading
The air traffic control code for a hijacking in progress is “7500,” “seven five zero zero,” a fact that comes out in a white-knuckle-tense thriller that marks a return to the screen for Joseph Gordon-Levitt. He plays the bloodied, wounded … Continue reading