Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 17, 2020
Having judged student films at many a film festival, I figured I knew one when I saw one. The good ones show a certain polish — craftsmanship — an attention to things significantly less important than script, casting or performances. … Continue reading
The tone is set with the odd, edgy “meet cute” for the young lovers. It’s on an Australian train platform where the tattooed, punk druggy bumps the girl in her school uniform aside so he can get close enough to … Continue reading
The air traffic control code for a hijacking in progress is “7500,” “seven five zero zero,” a fact that comes out in a white-knuckle-tense thriller that marks a return to the screen for Joseph Gordon-Levitt. He plays the bloodied, wounded … Continue reading