Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Mexican BMX girl holds casting call -- "Dad Wanted (Se busca papá)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 10, 2020
The Danish master Carl Theodor Dreyer turns a Herman Bang novel about a love triangle with gay undertones into a lovely but austere, sentimental melodrama with “Michael,” a 1924 silent film memorable for being the first major role for Walter … Continue reading
She made some pretty good movies, had a hand in inventing an entire style of indie cinema, and a lot of Hollywood folks were big fans, even those who never got to work with her. They’re paying tribute tonight. … Continue reading
A couple of beautiful young dancers — one in Paris, the other a New Yorker — meet online and have a years-long affair and post-affair “relationship” in “Aviva.” But writer-director Boaz Yakin, best known for directing “Remember the Titans” and … Continue reading
“The Trip to Greece,” which is the last of the Steve Coogan/Rob Brydon “road comedies” will be the first feature to show when The Enzian (www.enzian org) reopens June 12. It’s a stitch, and scenic to boot. See it on … Continue reading
https://t.co/grSL1bpngA https://t.co/I0sZ9n8RJN https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1270641857182253056?s=20 Flirting with financial ruin already, pummelled by the pandemic, AMC is reopening not a minute too soon. And might need a buyout to survive.