Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Classic Film Review: "School for Scoundrels," (1960) -- Brit funnymen at their funniest
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 10, 2020
The Danish master Carl Theodor Dreyer turns a Herman Bang novel about a love triangle with gay undertones into a lovely but austere, sentimental melodrama with “Michael,” a 1924 silent film memorable for being the first major role for Walter … Continue reading
She made some pretty good movies, had a hand in inventing an entire style of indie cinema, and a lot of Hollywood folks were big fans, even those who never got to work with her. They’re paying tribute tonight. … Continue reading
A couple of beautiful young dancers — one in Paris, the other a New Yorker — meet online and have a years-long affair and post-affair “relationship” in “Aviva.” But writer-director Boaz Yakin, best known for directing “Remember the Titans” and … Continue reading
“The Trip to Greece,” which is the last of the Steve Coogan/Rob Brydon “road comedies” will be the first feature to show when The Enzian (www.enzian org) reopens June 12. It’s a stitch, and scenic to boot. See it on … Continue reading
https://t.co/grSL1bpngA https://t.co/I0sZ9n8RJN https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1270641857182253056?s=20 Flirting with financial ruin already, pummelled by the pandemic, AMC is reopening not a minute too soon. And might need a buyout to survive.