Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? Olga Kurylenko punches above her weight in "Sentinelle"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: Eddie & Arsenio get the Band back together -- "Coming 2 America"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Romance'll be fine "Sometime Other Than Now"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 10, 2020
The Danish master Carl Theodor Dreyer turns a Herman Bang novel about a love triangle with gay undertones into a lovely but austere, sentimental melodrama with “Michael,” a 1924 silent film memorable for being the first major role for Walter … Continue reading
She made some pretty good movies, had a hand in inventing an entire style of indie cinema, and a lot of Hollywood folks were big fans, even those who never got to work with her. They’re paying tribute tonight. … Continue reading
A couple of beautiful young dancers — one in Paris, the other a New Yorker — meet online and have a years-long affair and post-affair “relationship” in “Aviva.” But writer-director Boaz Yakin, best known for directing “Remember the Titans” and … Continue reading
“The Trip to Greece,” which is the last of the Steve Coogan/Rob Brydon “road comedies” will be the first feature to show when The Enzian (www.enzian org) reopens June 12. It’s a stitch, and scenic to boot. See it on … Continue reading
https://t.co/grSL1bpngA https://t.co/I0sZ9n8RJN https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1270641857182253056?s=20 Flirting with financial ruin already, pummelled by the pandemic, AMC is reopening not a minute too soon. And might need a buyout to survive.