Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Classic Film Review: "School for Scoundrels," (1960) -- Brit funnymen at their funniest
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 9, 2020
It was “the summer that saved baseball,” but what do we remember of it? There was the majestic home run stroke of Mark McGwire, the joyous bounce of Sammy Sosa, urging balls over the fence as he cleared the batter’s … Continue reading
In “Darkness Falls,” Shawn Ashmore, playing a police detective, gets this crazy eye thing going when he’s trying to “think like they do” to figure out who murdered his wife, and made it look like a suicide. Does he do … Continue reading
Smart, educated and liberal New Yorkers debate morality “The Surrogate,” an indie drama that is almost all talk, and all of it good. Jasmine Batchelor has the vibrant, idealistic and opinionated title role. Jess is an upper middle class 20something … Continue reading
Documentary Review: Remembering an air base and the bomber crews who flew from there — “Return to Hardwick”
In World War II, “the BIG one,” as veterans of it used to remind us, no plain was more ungainly than “The Flying Boxcar,” the B-24 “Liberator” bomber. They flew in Europe and in Asia and took part in … Continue reading