Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Rideshare Roger just might be a "Stalker"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 22, 2020
Even if you don’t speak French, the balls-out French cars-and-criminals thriller “Lost Bullet” will teach you the only three words you need to review it. “Oh putain oui!” Or as we say in the States, “Aw HELL yeah!” This gonzo … Continue reading
Whatever feelings “A Regular Woman,” a first-person account of a victim of an “honor killing” among Turkish Kurds in Germany, smug superiority barely enters the mind. German director Sherry Hormann, working from a script based on an infamous 2005 case, … Continue reading
An exceptionally well-cast account of the Cuban spies vs. South Florida anti-Castro activists war of the 1990s, “Wasp Network,” comes apart in a big way almost precisely at the midway point. The mysteries of a story about Cuban men defecting … Continue reading