Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Animated "Over the Moon" marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: June 2019
We’re dropped into a fouler-than-foul-mouthed shouting match in the parking lot at school, teenage girls unloading a Marine platoon’s worth of threats and profanity at each other. That leads to a shocking brawl, followed by a celebratory light-up and … Continue reading
Three buddies sit by a campfire, swapping riffs on Genesis — the band, not the book in the Bible — Joe Namath vs. Joe Montana and donut “hole” vs. donut “whole.” The next morning, none of those debates are resolved. … Continue reading
A tougher trio? “Run” by Elizabeth Banks as “Bosley?” Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott and Ella Balinska are the “Angels.” With Patrick Stewart and Djimon Housou. November.
He’s got nine women hitting him with #MeToo allegations, including one who accused him of drugging and raping her. But it’s his record at the box office that is ending Luc Besson’s reign as the King of Euro Action Cinema. … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: How far will ‘Toy Story 4’ fall on its second weekend? Will ‘Annabelle’ eat Chucky’s lunch?
And will audiences long for”Yesterday?” Those are the questions to be answered by this time on Sunday. “Toy Story” movies historically lose under 50% of their opening weekend audience on their second weekend. So even though Pixar’s latest underperformed against … Continue reading
“The Queen” is a fascinating film artifact, newly restored and re-issued this Pride Month to remind us how far the culture has come in the past 50 years. Here’s a drag queen culture documentary that predates the also-restored and re-released … Continue reading
“Walking on Water” begins with old man in his studio, sketching with charcoal, drawing, painting and gluing together a piece of art that he promptly hangs on a wall when he finishes. It is the artist in action. Ah, but … Continue reading
Preview, “Midway” takes another shot at recreating America’s greatest naval victory on the big screen
Looks very…digital. Impressive, but digital. A Jonas Brother is in the cast, and Patrick Wilson and Ed Skrein, Aaron Eckhart and Luke Evans are, too. “Midway” opens Nov. 8.
Lest we forget that Idris sings, there’s this news. Via Entertainment Weekly https://t.co/xr2tb1gmzO https://twitter.com/EW/status/1144218085647368192?s=17
“Spider-Man: Far from Home” is so cute you want to pinch its cheeks and remind it to wear sunscreen before it goes out to play. It’s a super-hero movie slapped on top of a teens-take-a-trip-abroad comedy, fizzy and funny and … Continue reading