Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Netflixable? Animated "Over the Moon" marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
- Movie Review: "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm," just as outrageous, not as funny
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 5, 2018
Most people don’t give a lot of thought to rock climbing. It’s a demographic thing, a racial thing, a “Because it’s there” thing that doesn’t connect with the average person without the upper body strength, the skill and determination or … Continue reading
“This is the last one,” Clint Eastwood’s character says in “The Mule,” a movie he directed and stars in, perhaps the last time he will do that for his beloved Warner Brothers. And damned if this isn’t the most touching … Continue reading
The common refrain from all the filmgoer comments directed my way about “Venom” has been “I could see it was bad, just from the trailer.” As a film’s trailer is comprised of its best, most audience-enticing moments, that’s a fair … Continue reading
The Brits loved this black and white take on “Cold War” era Poland, jazz and love in a time of oppression, limited freedoms and dictatorship. Might resonate with American audiences come Dec. 21.