Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Silverstone, a Tsunami and Sharks? "The Requin"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 28, 2018
Ambition and dreams of soccer (football) glory crash into hormones and love in “Mario,” a brittle gay romance from Switzerland. That’s where Mario Lüthi is an up-and-coming striker, playing for an Under 21 in a developmental league. He’s a striker … Continue reading
Preview, A war correspondent gets Feature Film and Documentary Treatment the Same Month — “A Private War” and “Under the Wire”
By Nov. 16, two films about the famous, daring and one-eyed war correspondent Marie Colvin will have opened. The History Channel produced the documentary version — her real words, facts, real footage and real people talking about Colvin, who died … Continue reading