Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 31, 2018
Movie Review: The Ballet is still the only thing that makes sense in “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms”
Production-designed to within an inch of its life, backed by the gorgeous music of Tchaikovsky and including a ballet, though not the famous one their “story” was inspired by, Disney’s “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” offers up a heaping helping of … Continue reading
Fright Encounters of an Aural Kind? “Video Palace” podcast about horror’s legendary “White Tapes” gets chills with just sound
It sounds like a movie pitch. Guy starts talking in his sleep, somniloquy, the phenomenon is called. He’s hoarsely whispering in a strange tongue. His significant other records him, and what he’s muttering sounds like something he heard on a little seen, … Continue reading
“People’s Republic of Desire” is a cinema verite documentary about online streaming stars in China, people who “perform” on demand and are rewarded directly by patrons — viewers with money. It’s narrow-cast capitalism at its most ruthless. “People’s Republic”“People’s Republic” … Continue reading
The problems started pretty much the moment the Pell Grant, named for a U.S. Senator who wanted to move college aid from colleges which dispensed it to students, to the students themselves, was invented. The idea, as recounted in the … Continue reading
Yeah, this one’s set in Norway, where they allegedly listen to scientists. Magnet has picked this one up for US distribution. No firm date for release for “The Quake” that I can see, The reason it’s notable is its connection … Continue reading