Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Big" styled body switch from Lail to Keaton -- "Mack & Rita"
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Movie Review: Aubrey Plaza is the voice of her generation -- "Emily the Criminal"
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Movie Review: Gemma Arterton falls for the "Rogue Agent" -- or does she?
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- Movie Review: Make a Great Climb, risk a Great "Fall"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 24, 2018
Well, the folks at Lionsgate/Summit waited until tonight to “preview” their movie, which opens in less than 24 hours. Many others have already reviewed the thing, so I will get to it later. Instead, tonight presents one with a choice, … Continue reading
Something is coming for your kids. “The creature!” “PLEASE DON’T TAKE MY CHILDREN!” Great Dane Susanne Bier directed this “Quiet Ones” with blindfolds instead of muzzled mouths muffled sounds. John Malkovich, Sarah Paulson and Tom Hollander also star in this … Continue reading
“Bohemian Rhapsody” is framed perfectly — beginning and ending with Queen’s triumphant, show-stealing turn in the star-studded Live Aid benefit concert in 1985. Director Bryan Singer trots us through the standard musical biopic “Moment When They Met” and “Moments of … Continue reading
All actors, the old joke goes, want to play Jesus. It’s a Messiah complex that comes with the vocation. Gay actors, the out ones anyway, want to play Oscar Wilde. The greatest wit of his age, perhaps of any age, … Continue reading
A little Poe, a bit of Agatha Christie Rod Serling and a touch of Pirandello? Six characters in search of an…escape.” Trapped, threatened with near certain death, reason it out, find the “clues” and get out of “Escape Room.” This … Continue reading
The model/”Blurred Lines” stripped object of desire is making her way through the B-movie ranks, and Aaron Paul is re-starting his leading man career about a few Big Studio fizzles, and taking a paid Italian vacation while he does it … Continue reading