Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: The beautifully-filmed ugly history of "Antebellum"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 24, 2018
Well, the folks at Lionsgate/Summit waited until tonight to “preview” their movie, which opens in less than 24 hours. Many others have already reviewed the thing, so I will get to it later. Instead, tonight presents one with a choice, … Continue reading
Something is coming for your kids. “The creature!” “PLEASE DON’T TAKE MY CHILDREN!” Great Dane Susanne Bier directed this “Quiet Ones” with blindfolds instead of muzzled mouths muffled sounds. John Malkovich, Sarah Paulson and Tom Hollander also star in this … Continue reading
“Bohemian Rhapsody” is framed perfectly — beginning and ending with Queen’s triumphant, show-stealing turn in the star-studded Live Aid benefit concert in 1985. Director Bryan Singer trots us through the standard musical biopic “Moment When They Met” and “Moments of … Continue reading
All actors, the old joke goes, want to play Jesus. It’s a Messiah complex that comes with the vocation. Gay actors, the out ones anyway, want to play Oscar Wilde. The greatest wit of his age, perhaps of any age, … Continue reading
A little Poe, a bit of Agatha Christie Rod Serling and a touch of Pirandello? Six characters in search of an…escape.” Trapped, threatened with near certain death, reason it out, find the “clues” and get out of “Escape Room.” This … Continue reading
The model/”Blurred Lines” stripped object of desire is making her way through the B-movie ranks, and Aaron Paul is re-starting his leading man career about a few Big Studio fizzles, and taking a paid Italian vacation while he does it … Continue reading