Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 4, 2018
It’s the teamwork that steps to the fore in “Born Racer,” an Indy Car racing documentary built around the 2017 season of New Zealander Scott Dixon. Dixon has had an international racing license since he was 13, and home movies … Continue reading
The Indonesian thriller “The 3rd Eye” (“Mata Batin“) is a ghost story built on the premise that once you can see them, they see you. And come after you. It’s a culture-clash viewing experience, from the language (some English, mostly … Continue reading
I’ve been puzzled about all this buzz and gushing over “A Star is Born.” I had high, not unreasonably so, hopes for it. And I went with it for a bit. But the abrupt, unmotivated actions of the principals, jerky … Continue reading
The director of “The Big Short” rounded up Sam Rockwell to play “W.,” Steve Carell as Donald Rumsfeld and Amy Adams as Lynne Cheney (Allison Pill is Mary Cheney) for this Dec. 21 dramedy about the “Real” president during the … Continue reading
Did you see the French film “Les Intouchables /The Intouchables” a few years back? No? No worries. Netflix will almost certainly reload it for streaming before this STX remake comes out. Kevin Hart is a long-unemployed punk (probably not, but … Continue reading
So I guess we know now why Sony keeps rebooting and remaking “Spider-Man” movies. They hadn’t a clue how to film “Venom,” the alien antithesis of “your friendly neighborhood” web slinger. I mean, we all love Tom Hardy, but he … Continue reading