Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Documentary Review: "The Jesus Music" explores the history of CCM -- "Contemporary Christian Music"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: 19th century French "open-mindedness" -- "Curiosa" and "Curiosa"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 4, 2018
It’s the teamwork that steps to the fore in “Born Racer,” an Indy Car racing documentary built around the 2017 season of New Zealander Scott Dixon. Dixon has had an international racing license since he was 13, and home movies … Continue reading
The Indonesian thriller “The 3rd Eye” (“Mata Batin“) is a ghost story built on the premise that once you can see them, they see you. And come after you. It’s a culture-clash viewing experience, from the language (some English, mostly … Continue reading
I’ve been puzzled about all this buzz and gushing over “A Star is Born.” I had high, not unreasonably so, hopes for it. And I went with it for a bit. But the abrupt, unmotivated actions of the principals, jerky … Continue reading
The director of “The Big Short” rounded up Sam Rockwell to play “W.,” Steve Carell as Donald Rumsfeld and Amy Adams as Lynne Cheney (Allison Pill is Mary Cheney) for this Dec. 21 dramedy about the “Real” president during the … Continue reading
Did you see the French film “Les Intouchables /The Intouchables” a few years back? No? No worries. Netflix will almost certainly reload it for streaming before this STX remake comes out. Kevin Hart is a long-unemployed punk (probably not, but … Continue reading
So I guess we know now why Sony keeps rebooting and remaking “Spider-Man” movies. They hadn’t a clue how to film “Venom,” the alien antithesis of “your friendly neighborhood” web slinger. I mean, we all love Tom Hardy, but he … Continue reading