Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Documentary Review: "The Jesus Music" explores the history of CCM -- "Contemporary Christian Music"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: 19th century French "open-mindedness" -- "Curiosa" and "Curiosa"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 29, 2018
“Hunter Killer” arrives in theaters as a Cold War revival submarine thriller about commandos and a US sub sent to rescue an embattled, coup-imprisoned Russian president. Tell me you think that’s wonderful geopolitical timing. Take off your MAGA hat when … Continue reading
There comes a moment in many a thriller when the villain, caught redheaded and/or redhanded, says the following. “It’s not what you think. I can explain everything.” In “Silencio,” both those statements are a lie. We’ve thought out and figured … Continue reading
The people in the artists’ collective known as Meow Wolf, and the filmmakers charged with making “Meow Wolf” Origin Story” and for that matter anyone writing about or reporting on them, run head-on into the same semantic dilemma. How do … Continue reading