Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Documentary Review: Addicted to devices, our health and our democracy imperiled -- "The Social Dilemma"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 7, 2018
That’s the image we all have of Stan Lee, Mr. Marvel, jaunty self-nicknamed “Stan the Man,” the grinning, self-mocking mascot of the comic book universe he presided over, cameo good lock charm in the legions of blockbuster films that come … Continue reading
Preview, Who hasn’t wanted to see David Tennant and Michael Sheen square off in a Neil Gaiman story? “Good Omens”
Love these guys, love Queen (another trailer with Freddie and Friends), love old British “motors.” What’s not to love in this trailer to the limited series “Good Omens” coming to Amazon Prime in the spring, hmm? Michael Sheen is an … Continue reading
No, I don’t recognize Mickey Rourke in his current guise. But then again, Burgess Meredith had acquired the cauliflowered features by the time he was “Mick,” in his “Hit’em, ROCK. Give’m the LEFT!” years. Mickey Rourke is entering that phase … Continue reading
Early projections had “Venom” rolling in with a decent $46 million opening, with nobody really wanting to go as far as thinking $70 million might be within reach for a Sony comic book franchise-starter with piss-poor reviews and weak buzz. … Continue reading
Acting brothers Alex and Nat Wolff have a cute rapport that made for pretty funny banter on TV’s “The Naked Brothers Band,” back in the day. They pick up right where they left off with a more PG-13 version of … Continue reading
The character actors who burn into the memory are most often the colorful kind, the Christopher Walken/Wilford Brimley/Harry Dean Stanton school, Ed Harris-Giancarlo Esposito intense, Margo Martindale-Jenifer Lewis colorful and quirky. Scott Wilson gave us more by showing off less. … Continue reading