Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 26, 2018
A high school “Cyrano de Bergerac” in the age of tweets, texts and the romantic gravitas of a proffered “‘S’up?” That’s “#Roxy,” a flip and funny rom-com from north of the border that, when it works, reminds us that words … Continue reading
Far away from the spotlight of NASCAR, IMSA, Indie Car or F1 racing, there are still people who race because they love it, work on their own cars because they have to and spend their Saturday nights at a tiny tracks, … Continue reading
Well I do. But then, I’m a huge Stellan Skarsgård fan. Back in 2014, “In Order of Disappearance” made my “Ten Best List,” a brutal story of a snowplow operator whose airport baggage claim son has been murdered. Mixed up … Continue reading
She’s playing a pop queen, with sexuality and outrageousness part of her brand. But she’s got a teen daughter. Not the stage in life when you conquer the charts these days. Younger younger — Lordes/Ariana young. That’s the law. “Vox … Continue reading