Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 1, 2018
Shakespeare’s “The Scottish Play,” or “Scottish Tragedy,” has weathered samurai (“Throne of Blood”), mobster (“Men of Respect”) and Pennsylvania fast food feud (“Scotland, Pa.”) adaptations. So why not a “Curse of Macbeth” farce? “Ghost Light” gets by on theater milieu … Continue reading
All these years in show business, born into a showbiz family, with an Academy Award and a long career of his own, and Cuba Gooding, Jr. doesn’t know when to “drop the mike?” Gooding makes his directing debut with “Bayou … Continue reading
Gemma Jones, Richard Madden and Bryce Dallas Howard also star in “Rocketman.” The “Kingsman” star does his own singing, wears the high heels and oversized glasses. May 19 is when this “inspired by the true fantasy” comes out.