Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Documentary Review: Addicted to devices, our health and our democracy imperiled -- "The Social Dilemma"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 8, 2018
Veronica, “Ronnie” to her friends, sees dead people. But that’s OK. Everybody does. Ever since “The Event.” And in “a world where the dead walk among the living,” there are rules. “They can’t alter their imagery…They can’t affect our natural world.” … Continue reading
Storyteller Gcina Mhlophe coaches orphan schoolchildren in Swaziland to create their own adventure story, which becomes the basis for “Liyana,” a marvelous blend of kids telling a story they’re making up and artist Shofela Coker rendering their words into images. “You are … Continue reading
Demonic possession, you say? “I’ve seen MANY things,” says the priest. So much for white picket fences, settling down and starting a family. “Isabelle” looks B-movie creepy and has a not-quite-set 2019 release on tap.