Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Netflixable? A "hot for teacher" thriller from Germany, "Black Island (Schwarze Insel)"
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review: Dad's dead, and whatever killed him is causing his family "Woe"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 8, 2018
Veronica, “Ronnie” to her friends, sees dead people. But that’s OK. Everybody does. Ever since “The Event.” And in “a world where the dead walk among the living,” there are rules. “They can’t alter their imagery…They can’t affect our natural world.” … Continue reading
Storyteller Gcina Mhlophe coaches orphan schoolchildren in Swaziland to create their own adventure story, which becomes the basis for “Liyana,” a marvelous blend of kids telling a story they’re making up and artist Shofela Coker rendering their words into images. “You are … Continue reading
Demonic possession, you say? “I’ve seen MANY things,” says the priest. So much for white picket fences, settling down and starting a family. “Isabelle” looks B-movie creepy and has a not-quite-set 2019 release on tap.