Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Documentary Review: A Great Writer writes and remembers -- "The War and Peace of Tim O'Brien"
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 8, 2018
Veronica, “Ronnie” to her friends, sees dead people. But that’s OK. Everybody does. Ever since “The Event.” And in “a world where the dead walk among the living,” there are rules. “They can’t alter their imagery…They can’t affect our natural world.” … Continue reading
Storyteller Gcina Mhlophe coaches orphan schoolchildren in Swaziland to create their own adventure story, which becomes the basis for “Liyana,” a marvelous blend of kids telling a story they’re making up and artist Shofela Coker rendering their words into images. “You are … Continue reading
Demonic possession, you say? “I’ve seen MANY things,” says the priest. So much for white picket fences, settling down and starting a family. “Isabelle” looks B-movie creepy and has a not-quite-set 2019 release on tap.