Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The Internet sex trade comes a little too easily to this "Jezebel"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Trapped in a chat room haunting "Deadcon"
- Movie Review: A "Joker" dances through America's Darkest Hours
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 21, 2018
A seventeen day wonder built on the premise “What if the Bling Ring had stumbled into a convention of serial killers?” Robin Tunney and Lance Reddick and Erin Moriarty and Julian McMahon are among the stars of “Monster Party,” making … Continue reading
Bunch of good looking young actors dressing up in ’60s wear live out Lloyd’s character’s past in this romantic fantasy, which premiered at Woodstock. As Rev. Jim, Lloyd’s most famous TV character would put it, “Okeydoke!” No release date for … Continue reading
Those marketplace masters Roadside Attractions got their hands on this Tebow Brothers-produced football drama in the “Friday Night Lights” tradition. Two Truett brothers, trying to ride athletics out of the dead-end town where they live, screw up and pursue second … Continue reading
Most Westerns are, by default if not definition, “picaresque” in nature. Our hero or anti-hero wanders and roams, an itinerant cowboy, gambler or gunfighter in the saddle, stirring up trouble or righting a wrong, often through the barrel of … Continue reading
Ike Barinholtz’s “The Oath” is a filmgoing experience not unlike the nightmarish Thanksgiving dinner with relatives on the other side of the political divide that the film portrays — excruciating. A satiric comedy that rarely lightens its shrill tone with … Continue reading