Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 20, 2018
There’s this odd, jarring anti-marijuana ad campaign running in the previews in cinemas where I live in Florida — “Marijuana: Know the Truth.” It’s a mother using the “gateway drug” argument against legalizing pot. I can’t locate who is paying … Continue reading
Filmmaker Yen Tan has made his mark telling sensitive if not exactly edgy stories about the gay experience — “Happy Birthday” and “Pit Stop” are his best known directing credits. For his latest, he dabbles in what one hesitates to … Continue reading
Any Boy Scout knows what this one’s about just from the title. All those knots you’ve got to memorize, one in particular standing out as having a particularly odd name — perfect for a serial killer? As David Lynch (Eagle … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: Michael Myers slashes toward an October opening record, “Hate U Give” impresses, “Old Man & the Gun” cracks Top Ten
A couple of weeks ago, “Venom” sucked its way to an $80.2 million opening weekend, setting a new record for movies opening in October. “Astounding” we said. Considering the movie’s a misfire on several levels, the long-awaited “comic book fatigue” … Continue reading