Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Aileen Wuornos: American Boogeywoman" is trash, and not the good kind
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Faith-based dance romance "Faith, Hope & Love" misses a step or three
- Movie Preview: Silverstone, a Tsunami and Sharks? "The Requin"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 20, 2018
There’s this odd, jarring anti-marijuana ad campaign running in the previews in cinemas where I live in Florida — “Marijuana: Know the Truth.” It’s a mother using the “gateway drug” argument against legalizing pot. I can’t locate who is paying … Continue reading
Filmmaker Yen Tan has made his mark telling sensitive if not exactly edgy stories about the gay experience — “Happy Birthday” and “Pit Stop” are his best known directing credits. For his latest, he dabbles in what one hesitates to … Continue reading
Any Boy Scout knows what this one’s about just from the title. All those knots you’ve got to memorize, one in particular standing out as having a particularly odd name — perfect for a serial killer? As David Lynch (Eagle … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: Michael Myers slashes toward an October opening record, “Hate U Give” impresses, “Old Man & the Gun” cracks Top Ten
A couple of weeks ago, “Venom” sucked its way to an $80.2 million opening weekend, setting a new record for movies opening in October. “Astounding” we said. Considering the movie’s a misfire on several levels, the long-awaited “comic book fatigue” … Continue reading