Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Bingeable? Brit Dramedy "Flack" celebrates and eviscerates the dirty business of image control and publicity
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: The Tender Mercies of Facing Cancer with "Our Friend"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 20, 2018
There’s this odd, jarring anti-marijuana ad campaign running in the previews in cinemas where I live in Florida — “Marijuana: Know the Truth.” It’s a mother using the “gateway drug” argument against legalizing pot. I can’t locate who is paying … Continue reading
Filmmaker Yen Tan has made his mark telling sensitive if not exactly edgy stories about the gay experience — “Happy Birthday” and “Pit Stop” are his best known directing credits. For his latest, he dabbles in what one hesitates to … Continue reading
Any Boy Scout knows what this one’s about just from the title. All those knots you’ve got to memorize, one in particular standing out as having a particularly odd name — perfect for a serial killer? As David Lynch (Eagle … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: Michael Myers slashes toward an October opening record, “Hate U Give” impresses, “Old Man & the Gun” cracks Top Ten
A couple of weeks ago, “Venom” sucked its way to an $80.2 million opening weekend, setting a new record for movies opening in October. “Astounding” we said. Considering the movie’s a misfire on several levels, the long-awaited “comic book fatigue” … Continue reading