Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Taming "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? Sicilian hitman and his daughter hunt his hunters -- "My Name is Vendetta"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 18, 2018
“There’s nothing worse than being in a scene in an Academy Award winning film.” That sentiment comes from a Japanese fisherman in the documentary “A Whale of a Tale.” He’s still hunting whales and rounding up dolphins for slaughter years … Continue reading
“Miss Bala” is a remake of a Mexican film from 2011/12a Mexican film from 2011/12, that one about a beauty queen blackmailed into doing a drug gang’s bidding. This Gina Rodriguez/Anthony Mackie (MY man) remake plays up the playing both … Continue reading
This May 2019 release has the same cultural minefield to navigate that the Disney Animation one did decades ago. So the first rule for Guy Ritchie to attend to is “Don’t offend, don’t screw it up.” I’d have preferred a … Continue reading
Very British, this one — bullied lad finds a sword buried in a stone, saves the land from demons and idiots and Brexit. “That’s ridiculous. I’m twelve!” A couple of gags in the trailer suggest this late January kids film … Continue reading