Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? The Hunt for a missing sister begins with "Sara's Notebook"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: Jean Reno, ever "The Professional," doing wet work in "Cold Blood"
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 18, 2018
“There’s nothing worse than being in a scene in an Academy Award winning film.” That sentiment comes from a Japanese fisherman in the documentary “A Whale of a Tale.” He’s still hunting whales and rounding up dolphins for slaughter years … Continue reading
“Miss Bala” is a remake of a Mexican film from 2011/12a Mexican film from 2011/12, that one about a beauty queen blackmailed into doing a drug gang’s bidding. This Gina Rodriguez/Anthony Mackie (MY man) remake plays up the playing both … Continue reading
This May 2019 release has the same cultural minefield to navigate that the Disney Animation one did decades ago. So the first rule for Guy Ritchie to attend to is “Don’t offend, don’t screw it up.” I’d have preferred a … Continue reading
Very British, this one — bullied lad finds a sword buried in a stone, saves the land from demons and idiots and Brexit. “That’s ridiculous. I’m twelve!” A couple of gags in the trailer suggest this late January kids film … Continue reading