Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: How the drug mobs roll in the Dominican Republic -- "Narco Soldiers"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: A Redemption Story Star Vehicle for Justin Timberlake -- "Palmer"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 18, 2018
“There’s nothing worse than being in a scene in an Academy Award winning film.” That sentiment comes from a Japanese fisherman in the documentary “A Whale of a Tale.” He’s still hunting whales and rounding up dolphins for slaughter years … Continue reading
“Miss Bala” is a remake of a Mexican film from 2011/12a Mexican film from 2011/12, that one about a beauty queen blackmailed into doing a drug gang’s bidding. This Gina Rodriguez/Anthony Mackie (MY man) remake plays up the playing both … Continue reading
This May 2019 release has the same cultural minefield to navigate that the Disney Animation one did decades ago. So the first rule for Guy Ritchie to attend to is “Don’t offend, don’t screw it up.” I’d have preferred a … Continue reading
Very British, this one — bullied lad finds a sword buried in a stone, saves the land from demons and idiots and Brexit. “That’s ridiculous. I’m twelve!” A couple of gags in the trailer suggest this late January kids film … Continue reading