Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: Failure is "Elemental" in this Pixar Pic
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? Italian kids master music piracy -- "Mixed by Erry"
- Movie Review: Anne Heche adds grace notes to her final film, "What Remains"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: October 19, 2018
Documentary Review: The Great Frederick Wiseman loses himself in “Monrovia, Indiana”
“Brevity is the soul of wit,” the Immortal Bard wrote. Frederick Wiseman, the grand old man of documentary cinema and founding father of cinema verite, doesn’t go for wit, or brevity. His classic fly-on-the-wall documentaries — “Titicut Follies,” shot … Continue reading
Documentary Review: A filmmaker looks at “The Long Shadow” of racism in America
Filmmaker Frances Causey was born in segregated Greensboro, N.C. in the early ’60s, “where white superiority was never questioned.” But with family in N.C. and Mississippi, with ancestral ties to slavery era Virginia, as an adult she pondered what she and … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Documentary Review: A filmmaker looks at “The Long Shadow” of racism in America
BOX OFFICE: “Halloween” chases the horror movie opening weekend record
It will lose, of course. The big screen version of Stephen King’s “It” did over $123 million. But a huge Thursday night points to the David Gordon Green/Danny McBride remake of John Carpenter’s iconic slasher tale earning $70 million on … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on BOX OFFICE: “Halloween” chases the horror movie opening weekend record