Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "At Night Comes Wolves"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 23, 2018
Don’t know about you, but I can barely contain myself. I wasn’t going to be able to wait until Nov. 2, anyway. Thank heavens Fox figures it’s got a contender on its hands.
You’re not going to confuse “Solis” with “Solaris” or “Sunshine,” but its effects are at least as good as in most of the space epics that involve somebody in some spaceship or other getting too close to the sun. And … Continue reading
It’s the screen actors who pursue the quixotic that I find the most interesting. And nobody is more all-over-the-road than Stephen Dorff, the rugged, brooding star of half a dozen movies nobody sees in a given year, with just enough … Continue reading
Here’s a little Warner Brothers bait and switch. La Llorona is a Mexican ghost, a spectral menace from South of the Border. This movie, starring Linda Cardellini, Patricia Velasquez, Raymond Cruz, with Marisol Ramirez as “La Llorona,” doesn’t appear to … Continue reading
“Mid90s’” captures a people and a place with the ring of the authentic, a grimly realistic depiction of skateboard culture in the working class LA where it blew up in the “Dogtown and Z-Boys” era. Jonah Hill’s writing and directing … Continue reading