Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? "The Christmas Chronicles Part 2" is two hours of the holidays your kids will never get back
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Kristen Stewart's Christmas comedy in the closet -- "Happiest Season"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 22, 2018
You’d swear that Oscar winner Sissy Spacek is injuring herself, as big as her grin is and as long as she holds it. Danny Glover and Tom Waits may be old pros playing ex-cons, but there’s something just tickled about … Continue reading
Film fans revere Charlie Chaplin, but they — we — LOVE Buster Keaton. He was the embodiment of comic stoicism, an often hapless but never rattled “Great Stone Face” who never let on how funny he was or how hilarious … Continue reading
A child sitting with a psychotherapist (Colm Feore), hypnotized by the sound of his voice and the metronome he uses to put patients under. Not saying this trailer is particularly scary, but the concept is killer and it is most … Continue reading
This Nov. 16 thriller has a hint of Jekyll and Hyde about it. Ansel Elgort plays two brothers trapped inside the same body, living separate, contradictory lives. Elgort was just cast as “Tony” in the Spielberg “West Side Story” remake. … Continue reading