Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 22, 2018
You’d swear that Oscar winner Sissy Spacek is injuring herself, as big as her grin is and as long as she holds it. Danny Glover and Tom Waits may be old pros playing ex-cons, but there’s something just tickled about … Continue reading
Film fans revere Charlie Chaplin, but they — we — LOVE Buster Keaton. He was the embodiment of comic stoicism, an often hapless but never rattled “Great Stone Face” who never let on how funny he was or how hilarious … Continue reading
A child sitting with a psychotherapist (Colm Feore), hypnotized by the sound of his voice and the metronome he uses to put patients under. Not saying this trailer is particularly scary, but the concept is killer and it is most … Continue reading
This Nov. 16 thriller has a hint of Jekyll and Hyde about it. Ansel Elgort plays two brothers trapped inside the same body, living separate, contradictory lives. Elgort was just cast as “Tony” in the Spielberg “West Side Story” remake. … Continue reading