Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 3, 2018
If ever there was anybody who put out the “New Brando/James Dean” vibe upon his arrival in the movies it was Stephen Dorff. His unkempt swagger and commitment to roles combined to create a “cool” persona that lasted at least … Continue reading
Boy, do we love a mystery, a “puzzle picture.” Feed us an “Inception” or “Lost” or “Stranger Things,” and it’s as if the Internet was invented with the sole purpose to crowd-sourcing a solution. Not everybody has to be into … Continue reading
Sony, the movie conglomerate releasing the latest Marvel picture (the “Spider-Man” universe is theirs for the exploiting), once did this crazy thing. They showed “The Da Vinci Code” to critics all over the world at the same time — Cannes … Continue reading
Even film fans who have never seen “The Searchers” know its quest — girls kidnapped by Indians on the Old West, a brutal-years-long pursuit of them and their captors by their uncle an the adopted nephew who draws into his … Continue reading
If you’re into her movies, you probably have a fairly complete picture of who Parker Posey is, what she’s like. A little flaky, a little flower-childhish — sexy, but more of a goofy flirt a romancer, high maintenance but not … Continue reading
Girlfriend is watching “Better Call Saul” and I think, “Wasn’t there a trailer slapped on the beginning of “Little Women” I meant to post? One that featured my man, my bud, the Great Character Actor Giancarlo Esposito (get him to … Continue reading