Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 3, 2018
If ever there was anybody who put out the “New Brando/James Dean” vibe upon his arrival in the movies it was Stephen Dorff. His unkempt swagger and commitment to roles combined to create a “cool” persona that lasted at least … Continue reading
Boy, do we love a mystery, a “puzzle picture.” Feed us an “Inception” or “Lost” or “Stranger Things,” and it’s as if the Internet was invented with the sole purpose to crowd-sourcing a solution. Not everybody has to be into … Continue reading
Sony, the movie conglomerate releasing the latest Marvel picture (the “Spider-Man” universe is theirs for the exploiting), once did this crazy thing. They showed “The Da Vinci Code” to critics all over the world at the same time — Cannes … Continue reading
Even film fans who have never seen “The Searchers” know its quest — girls kidnapped by Indians on the Old West, a brutal-years-long pursuit of them and their captors by their uncle an the adopted nephew who draws into his … Continue reading
If you’re into her movies, you probably have a fairly complete picture of who Parker Posey is, what she’s like. A little flaky, a little flower-childhish — sexy, but more of a goofy flirt a romancer, high maintenance but not … Continue reading
Girlfriend is watching “Better Call Saul” and I think, “Wasn’t there a trailer slapped on the beginning of “Little Women” I meant to post? One that featured my man, my bud, the Great Character Actor Giancarlo Esposito (get him to … Continue reading