Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 2, 2018
It takes a special kind of compassion to work in an animal shelter, a place which tests your ability to give your heart to anything or anyone. Something about Mohamed made Linda hire him. Maybe it was his story. Back … Continue reading
The comment forums on IMDb and elsewhere about the movie “Loco Love” have the occasional complaint that this Spanglish romantic tragedy is “just like” this or that movie from South of the Border. That might be true, kids. But it’s … Continue reading
You don’t have to rack your brain or squint at the screen to summon up Louisa May Alcott’s “Little Women” in the first-time feature filmmaker Claire Niederpruem’s modern day adaptation. The bones are there, the four March sisters, making their way … Continue reading
Whatever his accomplishments as a (mostly TV) producer, and his fanboy-adored “Cabin in the Woods,” Drew Goddard’s “Bad Times at the El Royale” plays like the work of a film school Tarantino. Traveling at an old-man-with-a-walker gait, ponderously telling some … Continue reading