Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 2, 2018
It takes a special kind of compassion to work in an animal shelter, a place which tests your ability to give your heart to anything or anyone. Something about Mohamed made Linda hire him. Maybe it was his story. Back … Continue reading
The comment forums on IMDb and elsewhere about the movie “Loco Love” have the occasional complaint that this Spanglish romantic tragedy is “just like” this or that movie from South of the Border. That might be true, kids. But it’s … Continue reading
You don’t have to rack your brain or squint at the screen to summon up Louisa May Alcott’s “Little Women” in the first-time feature filmmaker Claire Niederpruem’s modern day adaptation. The bones are there, the four March sisters, making their way … Continue reading
Whatever his accomplishments as a (mostly TV) producer, and his fanboy-adored “Cabin in the Woods,” Drew Goddard’s “Bad Times at the El Royale” plays like the work of a film school Tarantino. Traveling at an old-man-with-a-walker gait, ponderously telling some … Continue reading