Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Netflixable? A South African sex-comedy that reminds us to "Do Your Worst"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: October 13, 2018
Movie Review: Aubrey Plaza absurdly longs for “An Evening with Beverly Luff Linn”
Absurdism on the screen is an acquired taste reliant perhaps more than other genres on the viewer being in the mood for something screwy beyond measure. It can be wearing, or invigorating, novel or intentionally trite, populated by Pythonesque eccentrics … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Aubrey Plaza absurdly longs for “An Evening with Beverly Luff Linn”
BOX OFFICE: “Venom” still sucking up cash, “Star” chases it, “First Man/Goosebumps” bring up the rear
Film fans are not passing on warnings about “Venom” to their friends with quite the united voice critics offered. So even though Sony’s franchise-launching smash hit/bad film lost 60-65% or so of that opening weekend $80 million take, it’s on … Continue reading