Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 8, 2018
Saw this as a preview for “Hotel Artemis” last night and was at least a little intrigued. A Golden Age of Reno/Vegas period piece with Jeff Bridges as a preacher, Chris Hemsworth as someone straight outta Hell, just two of … Continue reading
So what can we read into this trailer for the upcoming thriller “Siberia,” starring Keanu Reeves? Reeves, like Nic Cage and Cusack and a few others of his generation, is still getting some sort of decent quote. That’s why a … Continue reading
Bittersweet is such a tricky thing to master in a movie that you cherish it when you find it, even if the movie delivering it is a bit on-the-nose, corny even. But all those traits have become a niche for … Continue reading
It’s clever, but we’re not talking “Memento” here, plot-wise. It’s droll, even in its violence, but Leigh “Saw” Whannell is no Noel Coward. And even if it’s not a prophetic equal to “2001” or “AI,” it’s vivid and horrific in … Continue reading
Of all the blood-and-whisky-soaked dystopian thrillers peddled to all the Chinese financiers by all of Hollywood, why on Earth would Oscar winner Jodie Foster return to the big screen with “Hotel Artemis?” She plays “Nurse,” who runs an underworld hotel-hospital … Continue reading