Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: Junkie faces up to a tough task -- "Killing Eleanor"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 20, 2018
The sleeper boxing hit “Creed” was basically a “Rocky” movie extending Sly Stallone’s franchise into a new, temporally impossible timeline via the son of a fighter who died in 1985. It’s a boxing picture operating on comic book “universe” rules … Continue reading
Mark Hogancamp is a sometime cook, dishwasher and busboy at a bar in Kingston, New York, a man who lives a strange and rich interior life with dolls.It’s not what you think. Back in 2000, Hogancamp survived a savage beating … Continue reading
You might have seen the documentary “Marwencol,” when it made the rounds at film festivals almost a decade ago. Or on the “Independent Lens” PBS series. It’s not a great film, but the story sticks with you. A man, Mark Hogancamp, … Continue reading
“Ali’s Wedding” opens with a guy in a tux, fleeing the Aussie cops on a tractor. “Pool the veHICLE ovah!” “Sorry mate, ah’m TRYIN’ t’get to the AIRport!” Ali, our Iraqi-Australian hero, is running from his own wedding. And “Ali’s Wedding” … Continue reading
Will Patton is the headmaster, Samantha Mathis one of the more intense “teachers” in this horror offering, slated for the cinema’s late August dumping ground (the weekend of abandoned movies). The curious thing about this trailer is the honor it … Continue reading
Brenton Thwaites is the pretty young reporter haunted by memories of his Afghanistan assignment, a cast of similarly little-knowns as his editor, his fiance. And then there’s the fellow cast as the young reporter’s toughest assignment, “The Man” who claims … Continue reading
The dull repetition of “Jurassic Park” enjoys yet another dino deja vu outing with “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.” Sure, give them points for shoehorning Jeff Goldblum, the quirky, cautionary Dr. Malcolm, into a couple of scenes warning a clueless Congress … Continue reading