Top Posts & Pages
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? Scenic Spanish drama "The Skin of the Wolf" tests woman against mountain man
- Movie Review: Another "Black Beauty," this time with Winslet voicing the horse, for Disney+
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: At long last, "The Croods: A New Age"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? A Middle School reunion goes very French, and very wrong in "Back to School/La Grande Classe"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 20, 2018
The sleeper boxing hit “Creed” was basically a “Rocky” movie extending Sly Stallone’s franchise into a new, temporally impossible timeline via the son of a fighter who died in 1985. It’s a boxing picture operating on comic book “universe” rules … Continue reading
Mark Hogancamp is a sometime cook, dishwasher and busboy at a bar in Kingston, New York, a man who lives a strange and rich interior life with dolls.It’s not what you think. Back in 2000, Hogancamp survived a savage beating … Continue reading
You might have seen the documentary “Marwencol,” when it made the rounds at film festivals almost a decade ago. Or on the “Independent Lens” PBS series. It’s not a great film, but the story sticks with you. A man, Mark Hogancamp, … Continue reading
“Ali’s Wedding” opens with a guy in a tux, fleeing the Aussie cops on a tractor. “Pool the veHICLE ovah!” “Sorry mate, ah’m TRYIN’ t’get to the AIRport!” Ali, our Iraqi-Australian hero, is running from his own wedding. And “Ali’s Wedding” … Continue reading
Will Patton is the headmaster, Samantha Mathis one of the more intense “teachers” in this horror offering, slated for the cinema’s late August dumping ground (the weekend of abandoned movies). The curious thing about this trailer is the honor it … Continue reading
Brenton Thwaites is the pretty young reporter haunted by memories of his Afghanistan assignment, a cast of similarly little-knowns as his editor, his fiance. And then there’s the fellow cast as the young reporter’s toughest assignment, “The Man” who claims … Continue reading
The dull repetition of “Jurassic Park” enjoys yet another dino deja vu outing with “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.” Sure, give them points for shoehorning Jeff Goldblum, the quirky, cautionary Dr. Malcolm, into a couple of scenes warning a clueless Congress … Continue reading