Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 26, 2018
Here’s a little homework, all the Pepsi commercials that feature a certain age-disguised NBA star owning lesser mortals on the playground b-ball courts of America. Let’s keep expectations for this low, and hope for the best. When the most experienced … Continue reading
John Travolta began his latest “comeback” with TV’s “American Crime Story,” playing the canny, dapper, eventually out-of-the-loop defense attorney Robert Shapiro in the O.J. Simpson trial. He was too tall for the part, but he brought pride, vanity and vulnerability … Continue reading
“To Each, Her Own” is a French romantic comedy about a long-together look-alike lesbian couple, one of whom still hasn’t come out to her observant Jewish family. Simone (Sarah Stern) may celebrate her anniversary with Claire (Julia Piaton) at a lively, … Continue reading
As bubbly-gummy and forgettable as a Katy Perry pop confection, and just as forgettable, “SPF-18” is one of those high-gloss “When you grow up in L.A.” summer teen comedies that bear about as much resemblance to real life as oh, … Continue reading