Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Classic Film Review: Life under slavery laid bare in the Indie drama, "Sankofa," coming to Netflix
- Movie Review: "Dear Evan Hansen" shows up in the Dead Letter Office
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 4, 2018
Preview, Awright awright awright, Matthew McConaughey raises “White Boy Rick” in Detroit at the birth of the crack epidemic
Richie Merritt might be the star, but Matthew M. is the patriarch, Bruce Dern and Piper Laurie raised him — not well, apparently — in this tail-end of disco tale of hustling your way to the top of the Drug … Continue reading
The tale reads like some far-fetched concoction of Hollywood’s Golden Age, based on a potboiler by W. Somerset Maugham. A couple of misanthropic Germans abandon their marriages and flee to a desert isle for lives of “quiet contemplation.” But … Continue reading
It’s a remake of a little-seen “cult” 1977 horror film by Dario Argento and starring Jessica Harper. Tilda Swinton is the artistic director, Dakota Johnson her star dancer and Chloe Grace Moretz is also in this November Luca Guadagnino film. The weirdest … Continue reading
Steve McQueen is years-removed from “Twelve Years A Slave,” and his latest has less of a social justice subtext than a gender parity one. Liam Neeson and Jon Bernthal are among the husbands whose big money heist goes terribly wrong. … Continue reading
British martial arts star Scott Adkins ventures into “Get Shorty” territory with “The Debt Collector,” a brute brawler of a B-movie, but a bloody-minded bore. He plays “Frenchy,” owner of a “traditional” martial arts dojo that has him deep in … Continue reading