Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: "Greater" is less than the sum of its jumbled up parts
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 1, 2018
I was going to use the phrase “an authentic American Saint” in describing TV host, child welfare advocate and sensitive ordained minister and TV host Fred Rogers. But in the new documentary about him, “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” one … Continue reading
The great ones suffer for their art — Keaton and Lewis, The Stooges and Wanda Sykes. And nobody suffers more than Johnny Knoxville, still doing enough of his own “Jackass” stunts, at 47, to make you question his durability, his sanity, … Continue reading
Totally down with Jennifer Garner taking back her “Alias/Elektra” action chops, though the set-up for this Vengeance is MOM thriller is an eye roller. Woman loses her family to drive-by punks, takes five years to “train,” and comes back to … Continue reading
Not the first Fred Rogers documentary, but as it is from the director of “Twenty Feet from Stardom,” it’s the first one with Oscar buzz. An American TV saint gets his documentary due. Really looking forward to this one.
“Hereditary” is a horror film that features ghosts, a Satanic cult, grisly deaths, flies, possession and seances, children imperiled, nightmare sequences, a doubting adult or two and a dog who seems to be the only one to know pretty much … Continue reading
Shailene Woodley makes a salty wench on a halyard winch in “Adrift,” a solid if unsurprisingly conventional survival at sea tale that’s for fans only. By “fans” I mean Shailene fans, those who forgave the “Divergent” sell-out or who just … Continue reading