Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 23, 2018
The dancer and title character is nude, contorting, lithe and athletic when we meet her, bending her body in intense, jerky and breathless movement. “Bobbi Jene” is Bobbi Jene Smith, an Iowan who jumped from Juilliard into one of the … Continue reading
Folks behind “The In-Betweeners” rounded up fresh (ish) faces for this riff on what going to Bonnaroo, Coachella or Glastonbury is “really” like. Jemaine Clement and Nick Frost play the adults here, so make of that what you will.
The Skate Kitchen are the proud, mouthy young skateboarding women who ignore “Promise me, no more skating,” and Jaden Smith is the photographer interested in their vibe in this Sundance phenom from the people who made the doc “The Wolfpack.” … Continue reading
Book Review: “The Mirage Factory” zeroes in on the three people who “made” LA and the Hollywood Dream
I’ve read a bit about LA’s infamous victory in “The Water Wars” that ensured this parched pueblo would become the megalopolis it is. And of course, I’ve seen “Chinatown” countless times. And I’ve read and watched documentaries about D.W. Griffith, … Continue reading
These of the days of “Jimmy Crack Corn, and I Don’t Care” at the movies. Studios release middling, juvenile but big and brawny blockbusters, and the critics don’t care. The movies may stupid money, and the studios don’t care about … Continue reading