Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Movie Review: Junkie faces up to a tough task -- "Killing Eleanor"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 19, 2018
Eugene Jarecki’s “The King” is a moving masterpiece of music, pop culture montage and Big American Metaphor. Yeah, it’s about Elvis and race and rock’n roll and America at the Trump Moment. And it’s packed with interviews, from Elvis friends … Continue reading
Netflix has decided that what the romantic comedy genre needs is another “THIS time I get it RIGHT” fantasy farce, this one starring Adam Devine. “When We First Met” is built around a guy’s grief over losing Ms. Right, … Continue reading
As I was sitting down to check out a Netflix comedy (“Win it All”), largely on the strength of the fact that Jake Johnson was in it, I had an epiphany. Jake is, to me, hilarious, even in bad … Continue reading
It’s a sentimental father-daughter comedy about being left at the altar and on a drunken whim, taking Dad on the honeymoon cruise you were going on and meeting Seth Rogen on board. Yeah, it’s a nightmare. Kelsey Grammer tries to … Continue reading
This trailer is a reminder that you’re not under any obligation to give away ANY of the plot to your movie in the trailer for it. “Daddy Issues,” which premieres at LA’s OutFest, serves up impressionistic sketches of a love … Continue reading
“True crime” documentaries usually stick to a formula — depict the crime, then show the investigation and if there was a solution, how the investigation came out. But what if you’re not absolutely certain there was a crime? There … Continue reading