Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 19, 2018
Eugene Jarecki’s “The King” is a moving masterpiece of music, pop culture montage and Big American Metaphor. Yeah, it’s about Elvis and race and rock’n roll and America at the Trump Moment. And it’s packed with interviews, from Elvis friends … Continue reading
Netflix has decided that what the romantic comedy genre needs is another “THIS time I get it RIGHT” fantasy farce, this one starring Adam Devine. “When We First Met” is built around a guy’s grief over losing Ms. Right, … Continue reading
As I was sitting down to check out a Netflix comedy (“Win it All”), largely on the strength of the fact that Jake Johnson was in it, I had an epiphany. Jake is, to me, hilarious, even in bad … Continue reading
It’s a sentimental father-daughter comedy about being left at the altar and on a drunken whim, taking Dad on the honeymoon cruise you were going on and meeting Seth Rogen on board. Yeah, it’s a nightmare. Kelsey Grammer tries to … Continue reading
This trailer is a reminder that you’re not under any obligation to give away ANY of the plot to your movie in the trailer for it. “Daddy Issues,” which premieres at LA’s OutFest, serves up impressionistic sketches of a love … Continue reading
“True crime” documentaries usually stick to a formula — depict the crime, then show the investigation and if there was a solution, how the investigation came out. But what if you’re not absolutely certain there was a crime? There … Continue reading