Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Let's keep "Black Christmas" in the dark
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "6 Underground," let'em stay there
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 6, 2018
Bradley Cooper directs and co-stars, and Lady Gaga — Remember her? — is the New Judy Garland/Janet Gaynor/Babs Streisand in this latest “A Star is Born.” This trailer has Bradley Cooper ego trip (and you thought GAGA was a diva) … Continue reading
Movie Review: Ruth Wilson battles demons and her brother on the Yorkshire family farm in “Dark River”
Great filmmakers remember that cinema is a visual medium, that you never say something with dialogue when you can show it with an image. That’s how Clio Barnard tells the story of “Dark River,” a quiet, tense and beautiful tale … Continue reading
Deborah Haywood’s “Pin Cushion” is an easy film to laud, a hard one to warm up to. It’s about the psychic toll of bullying, as both a fresh experience, new to the young, and what a lifetime of it can … Continue reading