Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 7, 2018
Hugo Weaving is the heavy? Sure? You can’t do sci-fi, or rather you shouldn’t, without Hugo W. Very steampunk “Howl’s Moving Castle” YA adaptation with a mostly no-name cast, “Peter Jackson Presents” but does not direct. His Tolkien adapting screenwriters … Continue reading
No, it’s not the “Serenity” the fanboys and girls want to see. But you’ve got two Oscar winners and two Oscar nominees in this cast, a sultry tropical setting for violence, sex and shark infested waters. So chances are, when … Continue reading
“Seabiscuit” director Gary Ross takes on a clothes-horse caper comedy and finds the glass slipper doesn’t fit in “Ocean’s 8,” a distaff spin on the “Ocean’s 11” movies. A make-work project for generations of Hollywood women and female fashion celebrities, … Continue reading