Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Binge Worthy? Blanchett leads us to the "conservative revolution" as Phyllis Schlafly, "Mrs. America"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Coffee & Kareem" is an alltime "Netflix Original" low
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 7, 2018
Hugo Weaving is the heavy? Sure? You can’t do sci-fi, or rather you shouldn’t, without Hugo W. Very steampunk “Howl’s Moving Castle” YA adaptation with a mostly no-name cast, “Peter Jackson Presents” but does not direct. His Tolkien adapting screenwriters … Continue reading
No, it’s not the “Serenity” the fanboys and girls want to see. But you’ve got two Oscar winners and two Oscar nominees in this cast, a sultry tropical setting for violence, sex and shark infested waters. So chances are, when … Continue reading
“Seabiscuit” director Gary Ross takes on a clothes-horse caper comedy and finds the glass slipper doesn’t fit in “Ocean’s 8,” a distaff spin on the “Ocean’s 11” movies. A make-work project for generations of Hollywood women and female fashion celebrities, … Continue reading