Top Posts & Pages
- Classic Film Review: Matthau Stars, Directs and flirts with his future wife in "Gangster Story" (1959)
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? "Infiesto" -- A Piquant Pandemic Police Procedural from Spain
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 17, 2018
They are the foot soldiers of the affluent, the safety net of the successful. They are routinely humiliated, some of them. They are anonymous, have credit for whatever miracles they perform stolen and get no respect at all. “Set It … Continue reading
Gal G posted this on Twitter, giving her fans a peek at the no-longer-WWI-era costume. “Wonder Woman 1984” opens in Nov. of 2019, and then there are the “Justice League” and other DC appearances, etc.
“Incredibles 2” made it an incredible weekend at the box office, blowing up with a family-friendly $180 million+ take, when all is said and done Sunday night. Deadline.com, which consistently underestimates the Saturday take of kids/family films, was very close … Continue reading
Mia Wasikowska has often had a light touch, but Robert Pattinson? Take away the (literal) glitter in his makeup from the “Twilight” movies, the need to be serious most any place else, and he can do deadpan with the best of … Continue reading
You always knew Moe Berg, the big league catcher and quiz show king turned OSS spy during World War II, would make an interesting movie. And that’s what “The Catcher was a Spy” is — interesting. That it’s not riveting … Continue reading