Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Binge Worthy? Blanchett leads us to the "conservative revolution" as Phyllis Schlafly, "Mrs. America"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Coffee & Kareem" is an alltime "Netflix Original" low
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 5, 2018
Robert Redford’s a legendary AARP-qualified robber of banks, Sissy Spacek the lady of an appropriate age he takes a shine to and Casey Affleck the lawman chasing him in this wistful, whimsical tale of Forrest Tucker — not the Western … Continue reading
This trailer to the Alex Lawther Brit comedy “Old Boys” had me at, “SMILE, Amberson. These are the best days of your life!” The hazing, the military training, the period (Cassette tapes, the ’80s?), the hapless/awkward way he carries himself, … Continue reading
Andy wakes up in his basement, washes his face and when his little girl Sally sees him, enlists her in his conspiracy of silence. Because Uncle Zeke is in the house, with Andy’s wife (Angela Vint). Andy’s “missing.” Uncle Zeke … Continue reading
Preview, “Operation Finale” gives us another look at Eichmann — this time played by Sir Ben Kingsley
Oscar Isaac, Melanie Laurent, Peter Straus, Lior Raz, Greta Scacchi and Nick Kroll — Wait, NICK KROLL? — are involved in the hunt or the hiding of infamous Nazi war criminal Adolph Eichmann. We know how it turned out, we’ve … Continue reading
Kind of over the whole “Lego Movie” thing after the last couple. But Elizabeth Banks reciting “A lifetime has passed since the horrific events of ‘Taco Tuesday’” got a giggle out of me. Chris Pratt, Alison Brie, Will Arnett (of … Continue reading
“What Happened to Monday” is yet another dystopian spin on a future we are hellbent on refusing to avoid — overpopulated, polluted, climate-changed. The formidable Noomi Rapace lends urgency, empathy and physical presence to what devolves from a smart, cerebral premise … Continue reading