Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 5, 2018
Robert Redford’s a legendary AARP-qualified robber of banks, Sissy Spacek the lady of an appropriate age he takes a shine to and Casey Affleck the lawman chasing him in this wistful, whimsical tale of Forrest Tucker — not the Western … Continue reading
This trailer to the Alex Lawther Brit comedy “Old Boys” had me at, “SMILE, Amberson. These are the best days of your life!” The hazing, the military training, the period (Cassette tapes, the ’80s?), the hapless/awkward way he carries himself, … Continue reading
Andy wakes up in his basement, washes his face and when his little girl Sally sees him, enlists her in his conspiracy of silence. Because Uncle Zeke is in the house, with Andy’s wife (Angela Vint). Andy’s “missing.” Uncle Zeke … Continue reading
Preview, “Operation Finale” gives us another look at Eichmann — this time played by Sir Ben Kingsley
Oscar Isaac, Melanie Laurent, Peter Straus, Lior Raz, Greta Scacchi and Nick Kroll — Wait, NICK KROLL? — are involved in the hunt or the hiding of infamous Nazi war criminal Adolph Eichmann. We know how it turned out, we’ve … Continue reading
Kind of over the whole “Lego Movie” thing after the last couple. But Elizabeth Banks reciting “A lifetime has passed since the horrific events of ‘Taco Tuesday’” got a giggle out of me. Chris Pratt, Alison Brie, Will Arnett (of … Continue reading
“What Happened to Monday” is yet another dystopian spin on a future we are hellbent on refusing to avoid — overpopulated, polluted, climate-changed. The formidable Noomi Rapace lends urgency, empathy and physical presence to what devolves from a smart, cerebral premise … Continue reading