Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 28, 2018
Preview, Cate Blanchett and Jack Black bring kid-friendly frights in “The House with a Clock in its Walls”
Remember “Goosebumps?” Yeah, Jack Black’s all about the kid-friendly horror genre. Got to start them off somewhere. This time, he’s paired up with Oscar winner Cate Blanchett for a film based on Eric Kripke’s novel, “The House With a Clock … Continue reading
Good romantic comedies remain Hollywood’s most elusive unicorns, and maybe there’s a reason for that. Maybe it’s a thesis put forth in “Playing It Cool,” a mediocre, gimmicky 2015 romantic comedy that featured a star-studded supporting cast, some cute characters, … Continue reading
In the glorious early days of Jackie Chan’s career, the only films you saw him in were Hong Kong imports, not really intended for the Western marketplace. But the cognoscenti got their Chan on in these dubbed B-movies, memorable only … Continue reading
Super cool character actress Judy Greer (“The Descendants”) steps behind the camera for this school murder mystery comedy starring Jennifer Garner, Common, Keanu Reeves, John Cho and newly minted Oscar winner Allison Janney, Katie Holmes and Rob riggle among others. … Continue reading