Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Movie Review: "Greater" is less than the sum of its jumbled up parts
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 28, 2018
Preview, Cate Blanchett and Jack Black bring kid-friendly frights in “The House with a Clock in its Walls”
Remember “Goosebumps?” Yeah, Jack Black’s all about the kid-friendly horror genre. Got to start them off somewhere. This time, he’s paired up with Oscar winner Cate Blanchett for a film based on Eric Kripke’s novel, “The House With a Clock … Continue reading
Good romantic comedies remain Hollywood’s most elusive unicorns, and maybe there’s a reason for that. Maybe it’s a thesis put forth in “Playing It Cool,” a mediocre, gimmicky 2015 romantic comedy that featured a star-studded supporting cast, some cute characters, … Continue reading
In the glorious early days of Jackie Chan’s career, the only films you saw him in were Hong Kong imports, not really intended for the Western marketplace. But the cognoscenti got their Chan on in these dubbed B-movies, memorable only … Continue reading
Super cool character actress Judy Greer (“The Descendants”) steps behind the camera for this school murder mystery comedy starring Jennifer Garner, Common, Keanu Reeves, John Cho and newly minted Oscar winner Allison Janney, Katie Holmes and Rob riggle among others. … Continue reading